Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Little Blond Surfer Boy

So I stepped out last night. I did something that I said I wasn't going to do. My girls sometimes confuse that with lying.

"MOM! You said we could have icecream after dinner!!!", my pre-teen hollars.

"I said maybe."

"Well...that means probably, so you just lied." sweet Summerlyn Brooke says.

"MAYBE is MAYBE...not a YES. So I did NOT lie! I said M*A*Y*B*E*, and there's a huge difference!!!!"

Ah, the ignorance of childhood.

Anyway, I trimmed Luke's hair. You know...the little blond boy that looks like a surfer with his long curly hair???

When the trimming was complete...he looked even more like a girl. His brother had a fit! His Daddy said, "It won't last much longer". His Mama thinks he looks like a little model!
(the horsey pictures are from last week when my Mom came over and babysat Luke while I was working at the consignment sale...I wonder why he always looks so goofy when he's been with her?...a nyquil dipped pacy, perhaps?)

Anyway, on the way home from dropping the hoard off at school this morning (it's my week to drop off, and I love it!), God smiled at me. WOW! God really DOES things like that?!!! Yep! He sure does!!! I topped one of the many hills on Hill Rd (I've got it going on today!), and to my right, the sun was fully shining over the gorgeous hills of Tennessee! He knows I love to see the sun shining through the hills and light fog. It was beautiful and my heart was warmed!!!!
Do you realize that God has special surprises for you everyday?
If you don't, then you're too busy to see them. It may not be a beautiful sunrise over the hills of TN that makes you feel special. It could be that your coworker brought you a much needed cup of coffee. Maybe your boss told you to take the rest of the day off. Maybe your kids did something really sweet for you. Maybe your husband called just to say "I love you". God tells us that, too...He says "I love you".

When you wake up tomorrow morning, look for that surprise. Stop and smell the roses. Let God love on you a little bit.

You'll be better able to thank the coworker for the coffee, enjoy your day, more patiently teach your kids about lying, and truly let your husband know you love him.

And tell God you love Him, too.

No comments: