Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Favorites

Oh BOY!!!! And I do mean BOY!
Lukie pookie & I have ventured outside the past couple of days, due to the cooler weather. I LOVE IT!!! He chases the cats and tries to follow them under the Excursion where they hide. He runs after the bigger bugs that fly above the grass, trying to catch them. And his yummy little lips form an "o" when he hears a vehicle crank up somewhere in the valley.
.
And today, he snuck behind the bushes beside the garage and crawled up on Daddy & Tyler's lawn mower. When he "disappeared", I walked around the side of the house, and when I got there, he was "driving"!!!
.
.
.
.
It's positively BLISSFUL!!!

I love this time of year. The fall season is my favorite one, and it ushers in many of my favorite things along with it...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
NFL Football (Carolina Panthers fan 'til I die!)...and BTW, when they took away our Monday Night Football and put it on cable, I wanted to burn down the cable building!
.
Apple pie
The crisp fall air
The smell of a bonfire
Burning candles



Sleeping with the windows open
Cooler weather
My warm zebra blanket
A good book
Pulling out my fall sweaters
Enjoying a good cup of coffee
while sitting on the porch with Dean

I could go on and on...isn't God good???!!!

.
.
I wonder what God's favorite season is?

I know He enjoys them all, but does He have a favorite? He doesn't have a favorite person, because the Bible says He loves us all the same.
.
.
But does He have a favorite season? A favorite sport?
.
A favorite kind of pie?

You know that our favorites are only for us to enjoy in this life, don't you? In learning more about God as the years pass, I realize that mostly what I know about Him is spiritual. And yet...He gave out talent and gifts. He created the cycle of the seasons, which I love so much. He created music that tugs at my heart and worship that makes me draw near to Him. He's the one who put the flavor in my apple pie and cup of coffee. He's the one who made all those gorgeous fall colors. And He's the one who changes the air.

So does He love all cups of coffee the same? Or does He like the Folgers Carmel Drizzle best? Does God secretly harbor an obsession for football? And would He buy stadium seats to attend the games? Does He ever curl up on a snowy day with His own zebra blanket and a good book? I wonder.

Does God also enjoy the favorite things that He created for us to enjoy?

I'll see Him someday and ask Him. That is if I'm not so overwhelmed by His holiness that I can't speak. In that case, I guess I'd call on another favorite...

a falling into a deep sleep.
.
.
.
Did I mention that I love afternoon naps?

No comments: