Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Your TIme, Your Passion...


Hard to believe another week has passed! And that it's been almost that long since my last blog. I absolutely love to blog! It makes me feel better. And so much of the time I am dealing with my feelings. There are times I don't like my feelings. I know the devil can manipulate me with them when I am vulnerable. And he is seeking to destroy me...like a roaring lion. So I must be careful of those feelings at times, because they lie.

I'm so glad that my heavenly Father doesn't manipulate me! He created my feelings to compliment my life. To help me love with feeling...celebrate with feeling...live my life-you guessed it!-with feeling. And with the deepest of feelings...passion.

Christ was passionate. And He calls us to be passionate, as well.

What are you passionate about?

What do you spend the most time talking about?

What ideas do you ponder the most?

These are life questions...questions that we think about at various times, but throughout our own life. And they require answers.

And action.

So...

What have you done about that, which you are passionate about? And how much time do you spend on your passion?
I could tell you that my passion is my family. And it is. But how much time do I truly spend on my family? I serve my family...I love my family...but when I have spare time, do I spend it on my family? Does my service to my family count as time spent bonding together...having fun? There's a difference, you know.
I could tell you that my passion is my church. And it's definitely one . But how much time do I spend on my church? I serve the Lord in my church...I love the people in my church...but when I have extra time, do I spend it there?

Where does my time go?

Where
does YOUR time go?

No matter what...you WILL spend your time
on what you love.
You WILL make time
for the things you love
and want to make time for.
And you WILL NOT make time
for things that don't truly matter.


Does time spent reading the Bible make your list of passions? How about time talking to the One who gave His life for you?

I'm one who believes that in general (and in a lot of people specifically), that we're too busy. And further...we're busy doing things that will not make more than a scratch, in a sea of scratches, on the canvas of the master portrait of our lives. And really...who wants a portrait of chaos? Don't we all want a beautiful and colorful portrait to define what our life is & was, all about?
Dude...I'm telling you...you can't expect a different result if you continue to paint the same way over and over again. Either you care about the time put into your portrait or you don't. Either you scratch it up or you choose to only paint the beautiful strokes of color that fulfill your passions in life.

What's on your canvas so far?

No comments: