Saturday, January 3, 2009

If My Life Lasted 30 More Days...or 30 More Years...How Should They Be Spent?

We are embarking on a new church wide study at Grace. I'm always a little bit frustrated when we do this, although God ALWAYS shows me exciting things with each of these studies. But He has me teaching something exciting, too, and the church-wide studies mean that I have to put those lessons/plans to the back burner for a short time in order to teach something different.

Our new study is entitled "One Month to Live". It asks the question, "If you knew you only had 30 more days to live, what would you do?".

Shop? Eat as much junk food as possible? Travel the world? Skydive? Charge up your credit cards? Take a vacation? Call your old friends?

What WOULD you do?

I would say that our focus at the beginning of this study will be "what would I do?". But in accordance with what God says in His Word, I'm guessing that at the end of this study, our focus will not be on ourselves, but on Him. I have no idea, though. But I am interested in studying this! I'm interested to see God's perspective in this.

In searching and studying about what God's perspective may be for our last 30 days on this Earth, I ran across this inspirational speaker. I do not know who she is (her name is Misty Edwards), but I'm glad that I ran across this, as it definitely puts the emphasis on Him. I think it's more than fitting that I found it...and I'm sure God had something to do with that!!!! He's is, after all...simply...AMAZING!!!

When you check this video out, please keep in mind that I am NOT affiliated with the lady who is speaking, or the church she represents. I also do not necessarily agree with what she may stand for or what her church may stand for, as I do not even know her. But the truth she speaks honors my God, and I think it's awesome.

Let me know what you think...

2 comments:

Genesis said...

Interesting post, i am surprised you haven't heard of Misty Edwards she has been an inspiration for people all over the world! Check out her song lyrics, they are indeed moving.

Mrs. Jones said...

So I've read. I've been listening to Christian contemporary for years...praise music, etc. But I missed her somehow!