Wednesday, January 21, 2009

21 Days Left...

So I've enjoyed having the house to myself today (sharing it w/Lukie baby, of course!). It's going to be a sort of strange week. The kids will actually only be in school today, tomorrow, and Friday...before they are out for 2 days (the weekend). And that always makes things feel weird...to have a short week or an altered one.

What have I done thus far today to qualify as living? Only one of my FAVORITE things to do. After we dropped all the kids at school this morning, Luke and I came home and made our way upstairs to my bed.

I took off his coat, threw him on the bed, and we had yet another old fashion tickle-fest...which he LOVED!!! And secretly...or not so secretly...I LOVED it too. Touch is my love language, so when he wraps his sweet little arms around my neck and laughs, it thrills MY SOUL!!!

We laughed and tickled, and then we curled up under my warm blankets and slept.

THAT'S LIVING!!!

And tonight, I'll be "living" with my 2 oldest right in front of the tv, watching American Idol and listening to those older ones laugh their heads off at the crazy people who only THINK they can sing. That thrills my soul, too!!!

As for my middle girls (ages 6 & 8), I may hit them up for a good game tonight after dinner...we always enjoy that!

I'm convinced that this is the way God intended for us to live:
Laugh harder than we thought we could,
love deeper than we imagined was possible...
and live out life making sure
that we didn't waste one 24 hour period
NOT doing those things!
Thank You God!!! Your grace and mercy are amazing!!! Thank You that I live in a country where I can live my life without fearing for it.

Praise YOU!!!

Now about that game...

No comments: