Saturday, August 16, 2008

God's Moving...Part 1 & 2

Oooooo! I'm excited!!! And you know when I get excited, I'm rockin' & rollin'!!!!

I just got a call from a friend that I made last spring. We hit it off right from the start. She's an awesome lady! She's so cheerful most of the time, and we truly have fun talking. Katrina is married with a blended family that includes 2 adorable girls, who are friends with my daughters. We just love 'em! Her girls have spent the night so many times at our house, that we joke about our "shared custody arrangement"...and tonight it's MY turn to have them!!!! HA!!!!!

From about the beginning of our relationship, we've encouraged them to attend church. Most of my friends in the past and present attend church. Most regularly, and some irregularly. Katrina wants to get back in church, and we've talked a lot about the need for her to do so. Last weekend (the last time the girls spent the night), I had to scold Summerlyn & Brianna for being up at 3AM!!!!! Now for any of you friends that have allowed us to have your kids overnight...you know AT MY HOUSE, they go down at a certain time and they sleep. Otherwise they are separated, and that always makes them fall asleep. I believe in a good night's rest!!!!
Back to the 3am scolding...

The next day, I was running Summerlyn into town in the Suburban when she started telling me about WHY she & Brianna were up at 3am.
"Mom..."

"Yes?"
.
"Last night, Brianna asked Jesus into her heart"

"Okay...like WHEN last night?"

"Last night!"

"Okay...what happened?"

"She had been asking me questions about Jesus, and about church. I told her about Jesus coming into your heart to live, and she asked me how to do that."

I held my breath!!!! MY Summerlyn had witnessed to her friend!!!!

"Then what happened?"

"She asked me to step out of the room so she could ask Jesus into her heart in private."

"Soooo...Brianna asked Jesus into her heart?"

"Yes, Mom...she said she did."

"SUMMERLYN THAT'S AWESOME!!!!! THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT JESUS WANTS US TO DO IS SHARE HIM WITH OUR FRIENDS, AND WITH THOSE WHO DON'T KNOW HIM!!!!!"

"I know Mom."

"WOW!!!!! YOU TOLD YOUR FRIEND HOW TO BE SAVED, SUMMERLYN!!!"
.
"Yep, Mom"

"THAT'S INCREDIBLE!!!!"

"That's why we were up at 3am."

"3am???"

"Remember when you came downstairs to see why we were out of the bed?"

"OH...yes...3am...I understand...don't worry about that."

So I was FREAKING OUT, and my daughter was acting like it was something she does everyday (hopefully she does)!!!!

Later that afternoon, it was time for Brianna & Grace to go back to their Mom and prepare for cheerleading practice. Upon delivery of these precious girls, I told Katrina about the 3am situation. Then, upon my husband's request, I asked her if we could take the girls to church (that was last weekend). She said that actually, they had been talking about ALL of them getting back in church anyway, and that yes, they could probably do that. I tried not to pee my pants, and encouraged her to call me and let me know for sure. I never heard from her, even after I called her and left a message.

Yesterday...

Summerlyn popped in the truck after completing her "safety" job at school, and told me that she had just seen Katrina picking up the girls, and she had been their safety. THEN she tells me that she told Katrina to "call my Mom IMMEDIATELY when you get home!". I asked Summerlyn why she told her that, and she said, "Church, Mom...remember? We want to pick up Grace & Brianna for church...?". Oh yes...church. I wasn't thinking about it, because we didn't hear from them the first time, until after the work week started.

So we got home and while I'm indisposed, Katrina calls to let me know that she's thinking about going to church Sunday and she'll call me back to let me know.

So guess who JUST called me???!!!!

The girls are going to spend the night tonight and go to church with us tomorrow!!!!

I HAD to call Dean!!!!! As we were talking, I pointed out that even with the Excursion, we wouldn't be able to get everyone in a seat. I told him that Tyler or I could just sit in the very back. After a few seconds of silence...Dean said, "Wait a minute...Tyler isn't going with us tomorrow!"

"Dean...it's a God thing", I said, "He just moved".

"Yep! He did!"

DON'T YOU JUST LOVE THAT????

At any given point in my day, God moves. And it's always like getting a wonderful surprise! I guess He will never cease to amaze me. In the big ways He moves, and most certainly the little ways. How exciting it is for me to SEE Him do it! His plan plays out day after day, and sometimes it takes a little more than a smack on my head to watch that plan in motion. You want to hear something wild? At the beginning of time, when He was forming Adam out of dirt and mud, God knew that Tyler wasn't going to be riding in the Excursion on August 17th, 2008. Sounds crazy, huh?

God is too big for that kind of stuff, right?

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!! He's interested in every detail of our day. EVERYTHING. Because the plan that He created for our life, He created with our every need and desire in mind, mixed with what He knows is best for us...and He wants to see that plan in action.

Tyler, btw, is going to church with a friend tomorrow. He got his job back at Ingles, because he & his friend are working the same schedule there, so he can ride to work with his friend! Another God thing...!!!!!!

So...I asked Katrina, as my friend, to please come to church with us, and she's considering that. I'll let you know what happens.

Either way, God is going to move.
It's just what He does.

And I'm going to do my best to follow His plan and be a part of His work.

Rockin' & Rollin' every chance I get!



No comments: