Thursday, July 10, 2008

Weary

That's me. Today. All week, as a matter of fact. And NO! I'm not pregnant!!! It's been a challenging week. But I knew that it would be in some shape or form. Our MOPS retreat is tomorrow, and God is moving. I've been tested all week. And my body is so so tired. Thought I would blog real quick before I go to bed.
One of the challenges this week has come through my 17 year old. He's a doll! And I'm crazy about him!!! BUT...there are still the teenage issues to deal with, and sometimes it seems as though there is no end in sight. God, help me give the proper credit to my Mother. I was SO mouthy in high school, I'm not sure how I made it out alive! I have come full circle in the realization that I now know exactly how she must have felt during those rough times with me and my mouth. My wonderful son has that mouth. And I think it's worse than mine...don't we always think we have it worst of all? The crazy thing is that sometimes we just have to come to the end of our rope in a situation before throwing up our hands and saying..."God...You can HAVE it!!!!!". Which, I might add, is EXACTLY what He wants us to do. Since He's omnipotent, we should back off and let Him do His thing. It would be so much easier than US trying to figure it out!!!! The Bible says His ways are not our ways, and I believe that wholeheartedly.

Will you pray for me? Will you pray that nothing will keep me from relaying God's message to these wonderful ladies tomorrow and Saturday, as we go through the course of our time together...? MOPS is such an awesome ministry for so many...not the least of which is me! Please pray that I have energy and open ears for the Lord to tell me what He must.

And maybe that roaring lion (1Peter 5:8) will shut his mouth!!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I have prayed for you and your ladies for this planning session. As for Tyler, give him a reading assignment: James chapter 3.