Tuesday, July 8, 2008

MOPS Part 2

So here I am a year and a half later...the annual MOPS retreat is this Friday/Saturday at my house. I'll have approximately 10 women here. We'll spend the time bonding and praying over what God's goal is for the coming MOPS year. We know that He would have us minister to these Moms in a way that makes them feel refreshed...appreciated...purposeful. That's the thing really...sometimes as a Mom we feel as though we're floating around from day to day with no greater purpose than to do laundry and dishes. As small as we think of our daily chores as Moms, God views them as incredibly important!

Proverbs 31:10 says, "A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies."
Do you realize what God is saying? Nothing has more value than a wife of noble character! A woman who cares for her husband and children God's way is rare. She's a worker and knows how to handle her home and finances. She is busy...with the household! These things are incredibly important!!! Caring for your home and family, no matter how big or small, is what helps make your family what it is. And God takes that very seriously. Read Proverbs 31! It will shed new light on your job at home.
There is plenty of time for fun! In fact, God wants you to have fun with your children and family. But He wants you to enjoy caring for them, as well. Something crazy happened to me last Friday. Most of you know that I have never been interested in things like decorating my home, etc. As Lisa so nicely put it when she spoke to our MOPS group last December...she used to complete my craft at MOPS, as simple and easy as they were, because I hated doing them period. And they never looked like crafts when I got through with them, so it was much nicer if Lisa finished them up! But last Friday (July 4th), God inspired me to do some decorating around the house. It looks beautiful! And guess what? I actually enjoyed doing it!
I was partially inspired by my friend Cyndi's purple kitchen. Yes, purple! The kids and I loaded up to go to her house to finalize the details for our MOPS retreat (she's my partner in cryin'...I mean crime!), and her home was beautiful. But it wasn't some traditional type of decorating. I super-dee-dooper admired the fact that she decorated her home the way that SHE wanted to. She doesn't care what the "in" thing might be. She cares about her home reflecting her personality and the life of her family. Cool, huh? When people "moon" over my Mom's decorating, she has always said, "I just buy what I like". I know what she means now!
Cyndi's home directly reflects her family. That's what a home should be like! So I stretched beyond my own strength and creative abilities and God met me there. Some of you may not think that God cares about things like that...but He does. He actually cares about EVERY DETAIL OF YOUR LIFE!!!!!
So my passion is the family. And my family is not perfect. But we do love God and the things of God. And in MOPS this year, I'm hoping to teach other Moms to love God, too.
And to love the family that God gave them.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I will be praying for you and your steering committee as you plan the next year. I have a book suggestion: The Ministry of Motherhood by Sally Clarkson. It is a ministry.