Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Thomas Luke (Kid #5)

Mom told me yesterday that my blogs are long. But my mind is so full, so it's hard to not write BUNCHES of stuff. And it's nice to share my thoughts and what's on my heart on my blog, since my closest companions each day are between the ages of 18 months and 17 years old.

The blog today is all about Luke. He's a MESS! Luke was entirely unexpected. One of God's surprises. I well remember the day I discovered him. I was working in my office/mudroom as Tyler & Dean were working on the garage. Dean came to the door and asked me if I had "started". I said no, but things were moving, so it would be here anytime. He started singing, "Yooooouuuuuu are preeeeeegnant". I was like, "NO I'M NOT!!!!!". As the afternoon progressed, Dean kept teasing me, so I finally told him that I had a pregnancy test upstairs and would he shut-up if I took it?!!! Grinning, he followed me upstairs. I closed and locked the door (w/him waiting out in the hall!), and took the test. I COULDN'T believe my eyes!!!!!! Dean said, "Well?". I said, "It takes a few minutes. Plus, it's an old test.". He started singing again, and I opened the door. The plus sign VERY bold. Dean was so excited that he drove to town RIGHT THEN to purchase another test to be sure. I, on the other hand, cried for 2 days. I was not prepared! I was shocked! I was afraid of what could happen, considering my pregnancy w/Scarlett was a high-risk pregnancy. Through the course of my pregnancy, God was ever so faithful. I was horribly sick the first trimester, but fine the rest of the time. I only gained 23 pounds. And Luke was strong & healthy. I wouldn't trade him for anything, and I'm so grateful to God for giving Luke to us! Luke is a gorgeous & busy, busy, busy little boy. He is also a symbol of God's grace and mercy towards us. My pregnancy w/my precious Scarlett was a hard one. Not physically, but emotionally. We took those tests that they administer around the 16 week mark, and mine came back that Scarlett had Down-Syndrome. I was devastated. As most of you know, she's perfectly healthy, and incredibly bright. She excels in school, beyond her years. Such a glorious example of His faithfulness to us. I love ALL of my children SO MUCH. But these last 2 pregnancies were definitely more challenging than the first 3!!!! Scarletts, because of emotional stress-Lukes, because of AGE and shock! I must have questioned God a hundred times over why He would bless us this way again. Sounds ridiculous, right? He blessed us, for heaven's sake! But GOD! I was fine with my four!!!! Well, God was honoring a request. Here you go:
When I was about 6 months pregnant (September) w/Lukie baby, my wonderful husband and I went on a date. We do that sometimes. We were rolling along, heading to Aubrey's (a favorite), and my honey started talking. I kinda faded out, with my mind on the big fat fresh salad that I was craving...until I heard, "that's how Luke got here!" from Dean. Excuse me? I said. What did you say? Dean just laughed and started repeating what he had said..."I gave up my whole first paycheck back in January as a first fruits offering to the Lord, and I asked Him for a baby boy.". YOU DID WHAT??!! "You're not talking to the Lord ANYMORE!!!" I hollered in my hormonal state. Dean just laughed...he knows God's faithfulness. It's the laugh that's filled w/the Holy Spirit. With joy that can only come from Him. I told Dean that He would PAY!!! And poor wonderful hubby has definitely done that!



So that's Luke's story. And I'm sure glad I can tell it!!!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Sweet Luke, where would you be without him. The posts are not too long, look at mine!