Monday, March 30, 2009

Ladybug

So I haven't blogged in nearly a week.

I've been busy. With these 5 kids. And life.

Sometimes I feel like I'll explode if I don't get to blog. And other times, I don't have much to say. That's life, I suppose. We're full one minute and empty the next. Sounds like my snack box. And ooohhhhh...don't I get sick of dealing with that! My weight, that is. But that's a different blog on a different day.

Today, I have to share with you one of the simplest, yet most fulfilling experiences that I've had lately. This morning, my precious 2 year old came into the mudroom (my office!) with his tiny hands cupped. You gotta know something about Luke...he's so full of joy (unless you take his pacy!), and so carefree. Inside those tender little hands, he held...a ladybug.

Luke LOVES Ladybugs.

He has a book that we read about 417 times a day, entitled, "10 Little Ladybugs".
Now let me tell you...when that sweet little boy carefully walked to my chair with his tiny hands cupped, looking down at his prize, I MELTED.

.
.
.
.
"Mama!"

"Luke!"
.
"yadybug, Mama!"
.
Drip...ooze...melt...

"Oh Luke! A Ladybug!!! You're holding a Ladybug!!!"

















His little face broke into the biggest dimpled grin that it could manage as he looked up into my face.

"yadybug, Mama!"

This week, my cabinet's arrived. They were delivered on Friday. I thought I'd SCARE the delivery man, I was so excited!!! I opened 2 boxes to peek inside and see the color, etc. We've waited nearly 6 years to remodel my kitchen. Next Monday, the installer will bring his team to my house and they will install my new kitchen cabinets. The ones we've waited so long for. And as thrilled as I am about these cabinets...

I'm an oozing mess over "yadybug, Mama!", and the precious gift that God has blessed me with in Luke.

Absolutely NOTHING like it.

May there be hundreds more...

"yadybugs".

No comments: