Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Everyday Joys


Today, I am reminded of my life verse, "And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you." Joel 2:25, which is also the title verse for my blog.

Living out a restored life is rewarding. Not that you feel restored everyday, but that you are restored everyday. It's challenging a lot of times. But it brings...

Peace.


It's so sweet! And even sweeter when you have helped provide it to someone else. Lessons are learned in the storm and then comes glorious peace...so that, we can enjoy the valuable proof God has given us of His faithfulness. No matter if the storm is minor or devastating. The peace is always welcome and enjoyable!

And it always brings restoration with it.

As I sat outside watching Luke play in the sandbox today, I experienced so much peace. The peace of knowing that the winter only lasts for a season. The peace of knowing that God never leaves us...even if we take a hike on a weedy pig trail. The peace of sitting in His sunshine! The peace of feeling the refreshing and comforting breeze blowing my hair around. The peace of knowing that He knows...He knows...what I feel...what I struggle with...what my true hearts desire is. Thank God for His amazing love for us!

Have you experienced His peace today?

It's "right there", as Luke reminds me daily. "Right there" in the simplicities of life...nothing complicated. "Right there" in Luke's smile...in the puffy clouds...in an uplifting phone call from a friend (thanks Sunday!)...in a funny email from my Mom (did you say 'overdraft'?)..."Right there" in the everyday joys that God Himself has placed into our paths.

Relax! He has already restored us. You just need to claim His peace...
and go play in the sandbox.

No comments: