Thursday, October 30, 2008

I FEEL GOOD! NANANANANANNANA

I KNEW THAT I WOULD NOW NANANANNANANA

I FEEL GOOD! NANANANANANANA

I KNEW THAT I WOULD NOW NANANANNANANA

GOOD!

SO GOOD!

BAM BAM BAM BAM
OWWWWW
I FEEL GOOD! NANANNANANANAA
I KNEW THAT I WOULD NOW NANANANANANANAN

So can I express to you how good I feel this morning? Not for any particular reason...I just physically feel better than I have in a loooooooong time. God is good. In fact, He's A*w*e*s*o*m*e*!

And not just when I feel good.

He is AWESOME all the time.

If we look, we WILL see Him in the details of our everyday life.
This morning, as I was backing the Suburban out of the garage (can you even believe we HAVE a garage after 5 years in this house??!!!!!), I noticed a huge puddle of what I suspected to be anti-freeze that had apparently been resting underneath the 'burb during the night.
I immediately thought of Honey. The cat.
Nope...I'm not really an animal lover. I love the idea of the kids having the dogs. I love the idea of the girls having cats. I actually do enjoy watching the dogs interact and the cats pounce on each other. There goes that million dollar a year phys co analysis job I should be doing, right? I LOVE IT! Anyway...I really don't like the stinky animals rubbing on me and petting them always leaves me smelling...well...like dog...or cat.
I hate stinky smells.

ANYWAY...Honey...
Since we've lost 3 cats in the past 2 weeks (the dog broke Brillo's spine and he died, Frisk was apparently hit by a car while we were on vacation and died the day we arrived home, and Shadow has disappeared), I'm more aware of Honey. I don't need any more boo-hooing from these girls!

So to keep Honey from lapping up the suspected anti-freeze off the garage floor, I told Summerlyn to put him in the 'burb, and he could ride to school with us. And...that I would put him in the mudroom/office/Carmen's computer room when I arrived back home.

So we're riding along on Hill Rd, just before we reach the goat farm...and due to an issue with Savannah's beee-hind, we've rolled the windows down. Honey "escapes" and Summerlyn starts boo-hooin'. Of course, it's my fault because I didn't roll the windows up (effectively gassing us all), and it's Savannah's fault because she was performing stinky tricks.
After dropping off the whole crew (Summerlyn, Jacob, Savannah, Anna, and Scarlett) at school, I returned home to find Honey in the garage, tail swaying, loudly protesting his adventure. Luke and I got out of the 'burb and I promptly dropped Luke's milk cup which splattered all over the garage floor. I couldn't have pried Honey off that milk!!!! So after he was done licking every inch of garage floor that had collected the spilled milk, I tossed him in the mudroom. Okay...I gently scooted him into the mudroom...AND CLOSED THE FOLDING DOOR that leads to the rest of the house.

Like...I'm doing okay without my OCD medication, but
cat hair in my house would drive me
OVER THE CLIFF.

So currently, Honey is being tortured by almost-2-year-old Luke. And I'm feeling GOOD sitting here sipping my Folgers and watching Honey being "played with". I called the school and left a message for Summerlyn,











.
.
"Mrs. Lori, could you please call down to Mr. Leske's room and tell Summerlyn that Honey is in the mudroom and he's fine..."...and that he's being WELL loved...HeEheEEhheeEEE...

So Summerlyn should be in a wonderful mood after having had a wonderful day at school.

And me?
I'll go on with my blissful morning until that cat does something to tick me off or Luke gets into his next "adventure".





Then I might ride back down the road and throw the cat out the window myself.

No comments: