Friday, October 31, 2008

Stinky Cat is still Stinky Cat!

Around 2pm yesterday afternoon, I came down to check my emails and was overwhelmed by the smell of...
CAT.
And that's when I totally kicked Honey OUT of the mudroom.










I hate that smell.

Years ago, when we had our first icecream and deli shop in Charlotte, we would cook big fat juicy turkey's to make 'Carmen's Chicken Salad'. Of course, it smelled soooo good, wafting through the shop. But I remember when someone would order a turkey & swiss melt, a few of my workers would hold their nose in disgust at the smell of warmed turkey meat. It was 2 ENTIRELY different smells...freshly cooked turkey versus warmed-up deli sliced turkey.

Notice that I just gave away the secret to
'Carmen's Chicken Salad'.

I won't repeat myself, ya'll!

Anyway...I've gotta go there...so stay with me...

.
.
.
.
Do you smell like freshly cooked turkey,

or do you smell like warmed up, microwaved deli turkey?
In your testimony to others, I mean.

Yep, it's a stretch, but I DO have a point that won't take a 4 part series to make.

In your life's testimony to others, do you come across as genuine? Do people believe your life and heart because you actually live it? Do people believe in your foundation because they see it in your life?

There's nothing worse than someone trying to be something they're not.
God made us all unique. And God wants us all to be genuine. REAL. He wants your word to mean something to those you come in contact with. He wants you to carry the confidence of Christ that He put inside of your being...inside of your character, like you truly know Him.

.
.
.
.
And not just like you want others to think you know Him.
A freshly cooked turkey presents an aroma that is nothing like reheated deli turkey. The fresh turkey makes you want to pick it off the bones! It's really good!!! The microwaved deli turkey requires bread and cheese to make it believable. And don't email me with a good recipe for a warm deli-sliced turkey sandwich! The only way that would be good is to slice off THE REAL THING and make the hot turkey melt with freshly cooked bird.
Dude.

Stop trying to add things to your character
or to your personality
to "enhance" who God made you to be!
.
.
God didn't need your help in forming you inside your Mother's womb, and He sure doesn't need help developing your character!
.
.
.
So what's the word?







.
.
BEEEE WHO YOU ARE.
God knows you, anyway. Others will appreciate knowing if you're freshly cooked or if you're microwaved.
And you sure can't hide your heart for long!

.
After all...a cat is still a cat. And Honey looks like a cat...he purrs like a cat...he is soft like a cat...
AND HE SMELLS LIKE A CAT!
Know what that means?
HE'S A CAT!
I'd rather know that before I try to make him an indoor pet (YUCK!), than after he's already stunk up my indoors!!! Maybe others want to know who YOU are before they reveal who THEY really are. Just a thought. And now I'm hungry. There's deli turkey waiting in my fridge.


Think I'll have a Lean Cuisine today...

No comments: