Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Family Vacations Part TWO

Moving right along...

We pulled into the driveway and discovered that the cleaning crew was pulling out. I practically BEGGED the crew to let us go into the house. Unfortunately, the cleaning crew inspector had not done her inspection yet, so we weren't allowed into the house.

DEAN, however, allowed the girls to run down to the beach. In 55 degree rainy weather. My parents would NEVER have allowed my brother and I to do that...for fear of pneumonia. But that is something I LOVE about Dean (don't tell him)! He allows our kids to do things that I wouldn't think to let them do, however, he's always keeping their safety in mind.
Things like running out onto the beach in 55 degree rainy weather.

They didn't stay out there long. And I didn't get out for pictures...

We were all piled up in the Ex (Excursion), when the horse-laughers pulled up.
My brother was driving, and my baby wanted to see who all was in the van. So I passed him over.
Feeling the need, I told Dean that I was taking our Ex supply of toilet paper and hitting the bushes. Now when I say that I need to hit the bushes...it's a BIG DEAL! Considering that I can hold it for a very long time (my bladder is the size of Texas, my mom has always said).
"Try the bushes at our neighbors' very expensive beach house", he says,"The one with the outdoor wet bar and swimming pool"...there was nobody at home, of course...and who WOULD be in rainy 55 degree beach weather???

"Seeing as how I don't want to go on myself, I don't care WHOSE bushes I try out!", I'm saying as I start to wiggle a bit.

Fortunately, the cleaning lady inspector pulls up just in time, so I ask her if I can use the potty PROPERLY, and go INSIDE the house.
.
She says, "Sure!", and then afterward, my mom and I take a look around the house. It was really cute...not like the multi-million dollar house that my Crew beached at last year, but beachable, all the same. A little side note: Scarlett described our beach house (pic is of LAST YEAR'S beach house w/just my Crew)
to a "T" to my mama, complete with elevator
and all...when we were making our beach plans for this year.

"And where are you staying, Meme?", Scarlett asked her.

"I'm staying with YOU!", Meme replied.

At Scarlett's confused look...my mama laughed and burst her beach-house-bubble by telling her that we weren't staying at the elevator beach house this year...that we were staying at a different house, and this one definitely didn't have an elevator!

TOO funny!

So after some conversation, the cleaning crew inspector told us to go ahead and unload and enjoy the house!

The first thing we did?

TURN THE HEAT ON!!!

The weather was actually nice (not hot or even warm, mind you) the whole week at Holden Beach. I, for one, enjoyed it. Especially when I crawled under my electric blanket every night!

DUDE!

There's NOTHING like slipping under an electric blanket at night...in a 43 degree sunset...AT THE BEACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

keep reading...I do have a point...I think...

No comments: