Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Hold On Just A Minute

I have a great life.  Great marriage. 5 great kids.  Great relationships with my family and in-laws. Great friends.  It's all just great.
But I don't feel great today.
I feel discouraged and disappointed.
And doesn't it seem that I feel that way often? Why doesn't God rescue me from these feelings? 

Who am I, anyway? 

 Do these feelings define me?
Well...sometimes they do. When I let 'em.
And BOY! Do I get tired of lettin' 'em!!!!!

So what to do about the days we feel blue? Maybe you feel that something in your life is not fair. Maybe you work in a place where there is no excuse for the situations not to be fair! Maybe everyone around you is happy and content in their positions...but you feel defeated and unhappy. Maybe you are wondering when God is going to show up and place value to your feelings, after all...nobody else does!






While feelings can lie and be horribly difficult to deal with, God can and will use those feelings to draw us to Him. And that's so good! Because most of the time that we may feel hopeless, it's because we've tried it all on our own, and put our pointy finger up in the holding pattern, communicating to God, that we want Him to wait a minute.

REALLY???!!!!
Our CREATOR. SAVIOR. REDEEMER. FATHER. FRIEND. DOCTOR. HEALER. ADVISER. COUNSELOR. LIFE'S BREATH...
"Hold on a minute, Lord. I'm doing something here."
"And what might that be?"
"I'm doing what You want me to do!"
"And how do you know what I want you to do?"
"ummm...'cause You told me"
"I did? When was that?"
"A couple of months ago..."
"WOW! You mean to tell Me that you missed what I told you this morning??!!!"
"I didn't miss anything! You told me to do exactly what I'm doing!"
"Dude! You missed a whopper of a blessing this morning because you're doing what you're doing!"
"Then why didn't You tell me?!?!?"
"I did."
Sometimes we get so caught up in ourselves, that we completely and utterly MISS what God had in mind for us! Not to mention the days that we drift through, telling God what we're doing, and asking Him to bless it for us.
What we need to be doing, is walking so close with Him, that it's hard to throw us off track.
But I am certainly tossed around at times. I relate so much to Casting Crowns, when they sing, "I am a flower quickly fading, here today and gone tomorrow...a wave tossed in the ocean, a vapor in the wind...".
I am so unworthy to be able to serve or call upon my Jesus! But the greatest words in this song swell up my heart..."still You, hear me when I'm calling, Lord, You catch me when I'm falling, and You've told me who I am...
I am Yours."
Sometimes, that is all I need to hear.
No matter what happens in a day...or how I am disappointed...I belong to God. And He will spend the rest of my life telling me so...
if I'll put my "wait a minute" finger down.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.