Monday, July 9, 2012

Finding My Way...

My first week not working outside the home in 3 years finds me busy.  Our family is a "Safe Families" family...meaning...we are approved to host the children of parents who are in temporarily difficult situations.This week, we are hosting 4 siblings.  We've had these children once before...for 3 weeks...and the sweet family who received them after us decided to foster them.  This week, that family is out of town and asked if we could host them again.  WOW!  What a change in these precious siblings!  Everything from lighter hair to glasses, to better manners...these children are in the best of care.
 Hosting can be a little bit stressful the first time.  Even with our large family, it's hard to be prepared for a child or children that you don't know.  But there is a common thread among all children.  They need love and consistency.  Once given those 2 things...they will absolutely thrive.
So God is keeping me busy, thankfully.  Helping to keep my mind off of the loss of one of my favorite jobs EVER.  I miss the volunteers and my duties so much.  Loved organizing and equipping people to successfully teach our beautiful young children about the love that God has for them.  Missed all those sweet hugs I usually receive from my little preschoolers...teachers...parents...and the volunteers.  There's nothing like pouring into other people.  Makes my heart soar.  My prayer is that all the years that I've faithfully put into them will live on...that my service has created gold confetti for my Lord to throw around in the air.  I want my service to withstand the fire and honor God.  Really, our life goal should be that very thing...and not because we work at a church.  No matter what you do with the days He gives you, you should do it in such a way as to add to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow...live in such a way that the fire can't destroy the good works you do for Him.
The siblings are going to camp everyday this week except Thursday, and I'll haul them and mine to the pool for some fun in the sun.  We are also visiting friends this week and possibly a new little church in the hills.  As I go along this week, I'm not only trying to add to my heavenly stash of confetti, but I'm mindful of teaching the siblings, and my own precious children how to do the same.  And to do that...I must show them all the 2 things that will make them thrive.
That will definitely keep me busy.

No comments: