Monday, December 29, 2008

New Years Resolutions

I'm sure we've all had 'em before. I'm sure we've all had good intentions with them before. And I'm sure we've all broken them...way before we should have...maybe even before we got started...

Resolutions.

Specifically...NEW YEARS resolutions.


I've never been one to MAKE New Years Resolutions. Because I know if I make them, I'll break them. Good philosophy, huh? If you know you're going to fail...just don't try! HAHAHHAAA!!! Not exactly what God has in mind, I'm sure!!!

The last New Years resolution I made was 2 years ago. I decided to spring for something easy. Printing pictures. I got the idea from my beautiful and well-organized friend in SC. Better known as "my Sherry". Sherry had decided that she was going to dive into her pictures (the year before), and she got most all of hers in albums and finished. Simple enough...or...NOT!

My Friend didn't have several THOUSAND pictures on her computer that needed to be printed out. 6 years worth, to be exact. Do you know what that cost at $.28 each? It's a lot of Lean Cuisine, for sure. And more diapers than my baby will use over the next year!!!
So I got started...and made it through approximately 4 orders...at anywhere from $40 to $90 per order. Then a birthday came along...a vacation came along...a trip to Target intervened...and I saw a new top on Ebay that I just HAD to have. Thus...the picture printing ceased and was left "on the back burner"...forgotten.

That was 2 years ago.

NOW...I'm several thousand MORE pictures behind. Did you hear me? SEVERAL THOUSAND. And too broke to print them all out. So if I were to make the New Years resolution THIS YEAR, to begin printing them out...it would probably take me 2 more years to complete them.

Or maybe it would take me 3 or 4 more years...considering that I could see another top on Ebay...or take another vacation (yep..in October again...to Topsail Beach)...or encounter another birthday (you KNOW that's gonna happen!!!!). And WHAT THEN? Is this all about commitment? Or is this just a hobby that will take the rest of my life to complete?

And here we are...starting a new church-wide study next week, entitled, "One Month To Live". It asks the question,
"What would you do if you were given only 30 more days to live?".

Pictures are a treasure I'll never grow weary of. But I doubt I'd care much about them with only 30 more days to live! I'd need at least a thousand and thirty more days just to "catch up" the printing of my pictures!


Thank God that He doesn't break HIS resolutions...uh...He doesn't make resolutions.

And before you throw up Webster's 1st definition of "resolution", letter b, to me (b: the act of answering : solving), let me remind you that God already has the answers and solutions to every problem we have ever had, every problem we have right now, and every problem we could ever have...He IS the solution.


Back to what I was saying...

He doesn't make resolutions...only promises.














And He keeps EVERY ONE!














Happy Birthday Jesus...

and thank You for another New Year!!!

No comments: