Friday, June 27, 2008

Only for a Season

Sin...it's great fun! You feel free to do whatever you choose. You feel free to break away from the boundaries put around you by well meaning and loving people. But feelings lie. And when the season passes, as God has promised in His Word, the destruction of sin becomes visible. You start to desperately search for those boundaries that you fought so hard to remove. The well meaning and loving people are still there, but the boundaries have forever changed. A situation so aptly described in Genesis, and one in which God actually grieves when we find ourselves there. In fact, He grieves when we come to the point of decision. He knows the exact faulty step, and precisely when we will take it. He knows that our decision to step out into what is perceived as the "greener pasture", will reap a harvest we can't handle. A harvest that will bring heartbreak, destruction, regret, and eventually-for those who love Him...restoration. That is my story. And Joel 2:25 describes Gods faithfulness to me, for I am truly RESTORED.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I am excited you took the plunge. I know He will be glorified. How do you get the blog list on there?? I am honored to be on it.

Faith said...

Hey Carmen! I don't know if you remember me, but Chad and I kept your little Savannah in nursery years ago at the Grove. I saw your comment on Lisa's post and thought you looked familiar! I had no idea that you had 5 kids now! Hope y'all are doing good!
Love the blog title and that scripture!

On The Lake said...

I love it and will check it daily. Maybe your blog will cut back on my phone calls to you (hahaha)... Are you going to write about when Lukie-baby stuck your lipstick in both ears last week and smeared it all over his head and face? Remember - this is also a journal of "life" that you will want to keep for my grandchildren later on...
I love you girlie,
Mom

On The Lake said...

PS from Mom....

And remember to BACK UP your blog posts every week. Don't take a chance on losing them....

Love,
Mom